· The Prayer Coordinator understands that prayer is a vital part of EFMC.
· The focus of the Prayer Chain ministry is to call the Church to prayer.
· The Prayer Coordinator has an active personal intercessory prayer ministry.
· Plan, recruit and activate a prayer chain. [Training available.]
o Recruits individuals as prayer chain partners
o Makes a list of names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses of prayer chain partners (how do they want to be advised to pray?)
o Follow-up with individuals with needs for updates.
· First, notifies senior pastor of needs that are brought to the Prayer Chain Coordinator.
· Second, notifies prayer chain partners once prayer need has been confirmed to be placed on prayer chain. At no time will a prayer be placed on the prayer chain without confirmation that the individual agrees to have the need placed on the prayer chain.
· Encourage EFMC congregation to join in fasting and praying for specific needs.
· May place an article on website or Facebook page to encourage greater church community to pray.
· Pray regularly and encourage others to pray for EFMC pastors Denise Abston and Nathan Hartzell.
· Regularly meet with the senior pastor.
Revised: February, 2016