Statement of Faith
Angel saying, "He is not here; He is risen, as He said."
1. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three Persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) equal in power and glory; and that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible are the Word of God; all are fully inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and the supreme infallible rule of faith and practice.
3. We believe in the Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed and the doctrines of the traditional mainline evangelical Protestant Church.
4. We believe in the universal Christian Church, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members.
5. We believe in God the Father; an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, justice, and love--that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of people, that He hears/answers prayer, that He saves from sin & death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
6. We believe in Jesus Christ; Gods only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and impending, personal visible return to Earth as King over all.
7. We believe in the Holy Spirit; Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower for ministry all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ, and that He is an abiding Helper, Comforter, Convictor, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry and fruit of the Holy Spirit and the exercise of all the biblical gifts of the Spirit.
8. We believe that all humans are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation; that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service at the time of their conversion and as often as needed.
9. We believe in the impending, personal visible return of Jesus Christ to Earth for the establishment of His kingdom on Earth, the resurrection of the body, and the final judgment-- with eternal blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.
10. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two Ordinances to the Church: Baptism and the Lords Supper. We believe in adult believers water Baptism by immersion (where possible), but respect and perpetuate family traditions such as infant baptism and sprinkling. We believe in open Communion to all repentant believers, and respect the variety of theological positions within the Protestant traditions. (Acts 2:38; I Cor. 11:23; Luke 3:3).
11. We believe in laying-on-of-hands for the empowering of the Holy Spirit, for receiving gifts of the Spirit, for healing, and for recognition and empowering of those whom God has licensed and ordained to lead and serve the Church. (Acts 13:3; Mark 6:5; I Tim. 4:14; 2 Tim. 1:6).
12. We believe that each believer will be given spiritual gifts for the common good (I Cor. 12:7). It is therefore an important part of our mission to love one another, encourage each other, support and provide ministry opportunities...so we all, individually and collectively, may fulfill Gods plan for our lives.