| Dream Center, Surf City
Did You Know?
We have been given the right hand of fellowship from the Dream Center in LA to start a Dream Center here in our town, Huntington Beach, CA.
Dream with us!
We are in the prayer stage of starting DREAM CENTER, SURF CITY!... a place where we can work together to help make people's dreams come true.
If you would like to be a part of that, please email us at email@example.com and leave your email address so we can contact you
to match your talents or time with a world of possible dreams come true.
1. What Is It?
It will be a place where people with broken dreams can come to dream again.
It will also offer the opportunity for those who've never dared to dream ...to begin to dream and see their dreams fulfilled.
Our rally cry is:
And it's especially for those who dream of being able to help others.
Never underestimate the power of a dream. America was built on dreams.
"Find a need to fill it;
Help a hurt to heal it.
Lend a hand to tend it.
Have a heart to mend it."
We are also looking for sponsorships, a big building and partners. This is going to be big ... and wonderful!
You are invited to partner with us. We have a burden to actively care about our community and for all those who seek God's help to fulfill their dreams.
Possible community service ministries could include the following:
(Possibilities are endless)
1. For upscale communities--teenage gang prevention outreaches such as mentoring, a better club, cause, challenge with standards of excellence worthy of their admiration and activities that capture their imagination and energies, parental counseling networking and training, help for parents who haven't a clue how to help their kids get into the right college or job, etc.
2. For every community a Christian alternative to abortion for the unmarried pregnant girl, and age appropriate Christian pregnancy prevention programs for teens at risk.
3. For communities at risk of becoming marginalized--Sidewalk Sunday School for gang prevention, Adopt-A-Block weekly caring and sharing for community pride and unity...both on Saturdays. Also an in-house intensive discipleship program for those who qualify for getting their lives turned around. And an internship program for those who wish to develop and refine their ministry skills... Everything from pastoral counseling, healing prayer ministry, life skills classes (such as positive parenting), job skills assessment and training.
4. For all local communities--Collaborative partnerships with schools, agencies, churches, and individual programs to help build people and lift the community ethos towards clean, healthy, productive and godly living--by offering programs and resources to better serve the needs of single parent families, including single grandparents who are parenting. Resources such as:
* Mid week after school Good News Clubs
* Home schoolers resource center
* After school Teen drop in center
* Prevention, counseling, shelter for runaway or pregnant teens
* Released Time Christian Education Hour once a week during school
* Support Programs for caregivers who are at risk of losing jobs and health because they lack help or resources.
Possibilities are endless.
If you are turned on by this, by all means...volunteer! You will meet wonderful people who are truly the salt of the earth. There isn't any better way to fulfill your highest potential than to volunteer in something as worthy as this!
Contact: Judy Secor
|Dream Center, Surf City
A Place Where Dreams Can Come True
2. How You Can Get Involved
Your unrealized dreams of helping others are just as important as the shattered dreams of the underprivileged.
Each of us need the opportunity to work together for the common good and the DCSC affords such a variety of ways to help that each of us can find our perfect niche.
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by the magnitude of problems all around you? We have good news. Together we can restore shattered dreams and resurrect unrealized dreams.
The Dream Center Network has a fantastic track record in doing just that and Dream Center, Surf City (DCSC) is the newest member of that Network.
You are invited to get in on the ground floor and watch miracles happen right before your eyes. Second chances, transformed lives, real help, first class skills bringing forth opportunities for excellence...these are the simple makings of miraculously restored hopes and dreams.
Curious? Come visit! The DCSC is being formed as an outreach of the Goldenwest Vineyard Christian Fellowship, which is a tax exempt 501(c)3 non-profit CA corporation. It will be a community service arm that already has garnered a broad base of community-wide support from people of faith from local churches and agencies... all with the goal of informally partnering together to benefit the local community. Therefore there will be a larger pool of volunteers and resources available to meet human needs in our community.
Currently, there are over 130 Dream Centers in the United States and abroad. Each one typically has over 10 separate community service ministries under its wing--ministries such as emancipated and pregnant teens shelters, life skills and vocational training schools for single parents and other low income groups, mentoring and gang prevention outreaches, counseling and teen drop-in centers, substance abuse support groups, soup kitchens, after school clubs and the like.
Have you ever dreamed you could actually make an lasting difference in at least one of the worlds problems? Ever visualized yourself coming to someone elses rescue? Thats because deep inside you have what it takes to do just that. All any of us need is someone to lead the way, open the door and provide strength, resources and help. Dream Center does that well.
Here are just a few of the ways
you could become meaningfully involved in this great work:
1. Volunteer your time & talent by helping an existing program
2. Start one of your own with our help
3. Come as part of a team from your place of employment
4. Come as a family to spend quality time together doing community service
5. Donate gifts, vehicles, real estate, things, investments or money
6. Help us find donors or get publicity
7. Mentor someone who has committed to turning their life around for good
8. Serve on our Board
9. Find us more volunteers
10. Make gifts for the less fortunate
11. Teach a class
12. Lead or offer a site for a field trip
13. Chaperone a shelter for a night
14. Stuff envelopes, help in the office
15. Help build facilities
16. Help design jobs and job training exercises
17. Plan or help with worker recognition buffets
18. Get the media involved in rewarding volunteers.
19. Help provide prizes, gifts, awards to achievers or volunteers
You are also invited to financially sponsor an intern, a child, a program, a seminar, a room, a vehicle, a worker, a consultant, or any number of things needed.
Send donations and make check out to:
Goldenwest Vineyard Christian Fellowship, (then put Dream Center, Surf City on the byline). Mail it to the home office at
15031 Eton Circle, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.
May the Lord give you creativity in your efforts to reach out and make a dream come true. Dont delay, find a way... today. Lets build a better tomorrow together.
With love and faith,
Vineyard Christian Fellowship, Goldenwest Area, HB.
All Rights Reserved.
This site built and maintained with SiteTackle.